Advanced Simulation Techniques with Kangaroo
- Discovering equilibrium shapes with Physics-Based Simulation
- Developing structures using grids, nets, and inflatables
- Advanced techniques for working with constraints and forces
- Capturing simulations to image and video
Prerequisites + Preparation:
- This course is suitable for all Creative Professionals: Artists, Architects, Designers, Engineers, Programmers, Students.
- All experience levels are welcome; however, we recommend that you are familiar with the Basics of Grasshopper and Kangaroo. See our online courses for more information.
- You will need to have Rhino 4SR9 or Rhino5 for Windows, Grasshopper 0.9.0014, and Kangaroo 0.085 installed prior to the start of the course.
About the Instructors:
Ronnie Parsons + Gil Akos are founding partners of Mode Collective. With over 15 years of combined experience designing, making, and teaching, Ronnie and Gil aim to provide workshop participants with a fun, interactive, and productive learning experience.
Explore the complex world of physics-based simulation using Grasshopper and the add-on Kangaroo.
About This Online Course:
In applications ranging from structural engineering to playful form making, this course will cover advanced techniques for modeling constraints and forces with grids, nets, and inflatables. In addition, participants will learn creative ways to capture and compile images and animations from their simulated models.