Introduction to Python Scripting
With the GhPython Object in Grasshopper
- What is Python and How do I create a Script?
- Where can I find References and Help?
- What are Variables, Iteration, and Recursion?
- I can do a lot already with Parametrically. Why would I want to Script inside of Grasshopper?
- I have a nice Script I wrote. How do I use it inside of Grasshopper?
Prerequisites + Preparation:
- This course is suitable for all Creative Professionals: Artists, Architects, Designers, Engineers, Programmers, Students.
- All experience levels are welcome; however, we recommend that you are familiar with the Basics of Grasshopper. See our online courses for more information.
- You will need to have Rhino5 for Windows and Grasshopper 0.9.0014 installed prior to the start of the course.
About the Instructors:
Ronnie Parsons + Gil Akos are founding partners of Mode Collective. With over 15 years of combined experience designing, making, and teaching, Ronnie and Gil aim to provide workshop participants with a fun, interactive, and productive workshop experience.
About this Online Course:
Python is the most intuitive language we have found for both learning programming and developing powerful scripts. Beginning with a presentation on the main principles of scripting with Python, this webinar will incrementally unpack a diverse set of Programming techniques through a series of “live” exercises with Python and Grasshopper. Additional topics covered will include: the basics of scripting with python, where to look for help and references, and when to script in Rhino3D vs Grasshopper.
***If you enjoyed this course, check out our Developing Python Components Course.